A hat.
It has balls on it.
I am not quite sure how I feel about having giant balls on strings attached to my hat, but they sure are fun to play with! I love my easily amused nature.
This made me wonder... What was/will be your first Peace Corps purchase for service?
Obviously, mine is probably not the first thing someone declares that they need to buy when going to Ukraine, but damn it, this purchase was a matter of circumstances. Work circumstances. As I was walking to the backroom to clock out after my shift, I passed by this nifty hat. "Well, that should keep the babushkas off my back about wearing a hat" I thought. Not to mention that it should help with the whole not-having-my-ears freeze-off thing as well.
Spreaking of buying stuff for service, I have totally been building up a Favorites folder of things I will be needing/wanting. But mostly needing :)


my first purchase(s) for nicaragua were those super absorbent quick-drying towels. Like the ones divers use. I cannot wait to bust those out.
ReplyDeleteokay, so with my nomination moved to a possible eastern europe program, i'm beginning to wonder what i might need to start buying... definitely warmer pants. i don't think jeans are going to cut it anymore. though, i must say, i was really looking forward to not seeing snow for two years. haha.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your invite! I'm invited as a Secondary English Teacher leaving in March for Bulgaria, and am definitely excited. My first purchase happened a couple of days ago and was a Kindle. It's an early Christmas present :)
ReplyDelete@Joey--I as well was looking forward to no snow. Oh well. Such is the life!
I bought myself a Kindle too.
ReplyDeleteOddly enough... I think technically my first purchase was a hat from an Ecuadorian booth at the German Christmas market I work for - and I'm going to Ecuador. But technically the hat was made in Nepal...
ReplyDeleteI also just splurged and got a compact digital camera to take videos of my experiences.
BTW your tattoos look amazing!
Ispigel: Which brand did you buy? I have no experience with quick dry towels and I know that they will come in handy!
ReplyDeleteJoey: It is all about the long undies! I am still bringing at least 2 pairs of jeans, I live in them and I cannot foresee cutting them out of my life and wardrobe!
dvaughn7: I am so envious of you for getting to go to Bulgaria! When I saw it pop up with a March date on PCWiki, it became my first choice! But I am still way stoked to go to Ukraine as it is where I thought I'd wind up going throughout the whole process! I keep considering a Kindle, perhaps I shall seriously look into it...
Strix: Yay Kindle! Still keeping my hopes high for you and the deadline is still six weeks until the end of the year (I heard that from a recruiter).
Christina: Haha, that is quite the life story of a hat! I am glad I am not the only one that went hat first! Camera is also a must, I am glad mine already has video :) And thanks for the compliment!