I call bullshit. Damn you PostNet and your excessive fees.
So I got both my pap waiver and TB evalutions signed. Pap waiver wasn't so much signed as it was stamped since the doctor was not at that office that day. So I sat in the waiting area for about 15 minutes waiting for them to come back with my paper after calling the doctor for an "okay." I really hope a stamp is okay, especially since she wrote 15 months was okay on my Medical Kit stuff....
My other doctor scoffed at the fact that I had to have the TB eval done since I CLEARLY had a negative TB test. The upside is since I was already there I told her how my inhaler hasn't been doing much to help my recent bout of asthmatic symptoms, so she prescribed a steroid inhaler to use if the sample sized albuterol she gave me didn't help. She also gave me a Z-pack prescription since she saw my throat was a little red. Weather shifts fucking kill me and I am a baby when sick.
Moral of the story: I hope I get cleared this week! I'd be okay with next week, too.
On the "moving my ass to Florida" front:
I heard back from BOTH Old Navys I tried to get into contact with today. It looks like there is a slight chance I'll be a manager in the Gainesville store (I guess he is working with his boss to get me the position), but if not I should wind up a seasonal key holder (no closing on the weekend!). I have a sit down with the store manager on Monday at 2 so that I can show him how fucking awesome and amazing I am.
Oh, and I HATE packing. Like, a lot. I leave in two days and still have so much to do... Guess I should finish that laundry...
Hey! You'll be in Gainesville? I LIVE in Gainesville! We should hang out and commiserate about waiting on peace corps :)
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome! I am down. It really looks like that is where I will be working, but I am going to be living in the Silver Springs area.
ReplyDeleteAre you living with family there? It's about a 45min-hour drive between Ocala and Gainesville, depending on traffic (but you may already know that?) let me know when you get into town and we can maybe figure something out :)
ReplyDeleteHA! Story of my life! When I was trying to get information back to the Medical Office in Washington, they said the fastest way was to fax it... Um, who uses faxes these days? I went to Kinkos, and being an 80's child, I actually don't know how to use a fax, so Kinkos had to show me... for $35! WTF?
ReplyDeleteAnyways, I just sent in my last resume and should be receiving a call soon! I'm excited! I'm sure you'll get cleared ASAP because the time is coming in close :)
Yep, living with family and it will be quite a bit of a drive to work, but nothing I can't deal with for a few months. I was talking to Miss Fissures on Skype and since she lives in Orlando, we should PC party! lol
ReplyDeleteJessica who-used-to-be-going-to-Lesotho-and-is-now-going-to-Zambia lives in FL somewhere too, south of here, but she went to school here and knows some ppl I know. I read a couple blogs where girls are all in Washington (I think) and were talking about having a statewide party, which is magnificent idea :)
ReplyDeletehahaha....I am a little bit behind...but just realized you are moving/have moved to the Gainesville area....and Elizabeth has already discussed me above lol...anyways, I live in Tampa (2 hrs south of Gainesville). But I will definitely be on some trips up to Gainesville in the next few months, so we should all definitely get together! P.S. The recruiter (Amy) at UF is awesome, so you guys should def. go to the Globe Talk there tonight & mention you know me!
ReplyDelete