Oh The Places You Will Go!

Friday, October 15, 2010

A leap of something..

I am making some changes despite not knowing what is going on with PC quite yet.

First thing is first: I love my job.  Like, a lot.  I have worked for Old Navy for 6.5 years and have moved up in the company to management, a position that I have been in, in one form or another, for the past 3 years.  I have been a bit bored and complacent at work for the past few months after being told I won't get promoted with PC hanging over my head like a "Don't waste your time with me light," which also meant that I couldn't get a change of scenery in a new store. In addition to this, we recently got a new general store manager, who once upon worked in my store as the assistant store manager.  Let's just say I like him as person, but he is not the greatest for morale.  I say this having worked with him before and having to correct the shitty morale of the stores shipment team after he went to work in another store and I took over his position for 4 months. 

I like to say I can adapt well to change and can get along with anyone. I would also contend that I am quite the ridiculous optimist.  With all of these things working for me, it is sad that I have come to dread going to work and feeling negativity.  A friend of mine told me that it is good to see other management styles and personalities (to which I told him that neither of those have much to do with a "I know better" complex and knack for disrespect and snap judgements).

What does this have to do with changes sparked by PC?

Well, here is the second part:  I put in a 30 day notice on my apartment so that I wouldn't have to put up with my inconsiderate roommate anymore and to pay less in rent/bills by moving in with a friend from HS to get credit cards paid down before a possible March departure. 

Two weeks into having the new store manager, I have decided that I'd much rather move to Florida to be with my family for the holidays than leave Old Navy hating my job and being unhappy for the next few months at a place I spend 40 hours a week. 

Honestly, if it weren't for Peace Corps, I would be looking for another job in town to work for the next few months before making a move to Oregon with a friend who graduates in December. 

I really am quite excited to be near my family though!  I am going to live with my Meme and transfer to the nearby ON as a part time associate.  It will be SO FREAKING NICE not to be stressed by holiday in retail management. :)

Basically, I have no clue as to what my plan will be if I don't get in! Keeping my fingers crossed for two things:
      1) OMS gets back to be ASAP on my medical so I can get stuff taken care of before I don't have insurance anymore
      2) Invite!



**I didn't feel like proof reading.  Don't judge me.

1 comment: