Hi :) Want to be a part of a traveling journal project involving 50 PCVs in 50 countries for the 50th anniversary of the Peace Corps?
For whatever reason, my Snapshots of Service blog hasn't been approved (yet, I need to get a nudge going on that) for PC Journals, so here I am on my personal blog putting the work out: WE NEED 12 MORE PCVs! The countries listed in the title are unrepresented and, according to PC Wiki, have invitees! Other non-represented countries include: Mozambique, The Gambia, Cape Verde, Honduras, Ghana, Namibia, and Tanzania! Check out: http://pcsnapshotsofservice.blogspot.com/ for more information on the project and how to get involved.
It would be awesome if others could help me get the word out as I would love to have everything compiled and ready to go by the end of the month! Thanks!
PS: I am slacking on photo posting. Perhaps this weekend.
PSS: I have a massive annoyance with Blogger's insistence on making edits to pages with HTML code. Jerks!
Has anyone stalked out the fb groups for those countries? I don't know which ones Tracy got in contact with, but I can reach out to them if you still don't want to "harass" them. I win at the internet, so it's not a problem :D
ReplyDeleteP.S. Blogger shouldn't be doing that. You should have the option of "Edit HTML" as well as "Compose"
I am not quite sure which ones she got in contact with, but it would be great if you could help out with getting in touch with some of the invitees from these countries!
ReplyDeleteYeah, blogger shows the compose tab, but I cannot click it! If I use IE instead of Google Chrome (or even Firefox) I can use it, but then it doesn't format correctly. It is especially annoying since it is only that one page on that blog!
I sent messages to people in the Georgia, Jamaica, Honduras, and Namibia groups that I found so hopefully either they'll volunteer or they'll pass my message along. The Jamaica group was only made yesterday, so awesome timing on that one. The other groups are either hiding or don't exist, but I haven't given up yet :)
ReplyDeleteThat is SO SAD. Nothing is worth switching to IE. Ever.
You are amazing! Thank you :)
ReplyDeleteLeft a comment on a Lesotho blog - haven't heard anything yet, but progress!
ReplyDelete