Oh The Places You Will Go!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I enjoy photography massively.

To get my mind away from Peace Corps related things, I delved into some photo editing.  It had the ability to keep me occupied for HOURS.  Here are some of my favorites as of late:

A bit of color-


 
 And some black and white-


     

One of the things I am most excited about when it comes to the possibility of getting into PC is the amazing opportunities I will have to take pictures.  Anytime I go out shooting, I call it a "photo adventure."  The girl walking the highway in the first picture is my best friend and fellow photographer (and let me tell you, she was awesome for agreeing to look naked with the help of a sheet I happened to have in my backseat while walking barefoot on the side of the highway for some pics!)  I will totally miss her and our photo adventures and I am positive they will not be the same without her.

6 comments:

  1. Kimberley,

    Your pictures are stunning! What kind of lenz do you have? I am completely in awe. You should watermark your shots or disable right clicking on them because they are so beautiful, it would suck if someone stole your work. I have a photo site as well, if you want to check it out.

    http://crystalhawkins.smugmug.com

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Crystal! I have a Nikkor 18-105mm lens. As for watermarking, it isn't all that important to me since I figure if some REALLY wanted to steal my shots, they'd figure out how to do it. Plus I don't like that it can be distracting to the picture itself :)

    I like your stuff too! It is always nice to see someone that shoots differently from myself as far as style and subject matter go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one of the things I'm most excited about too! I'm nominated for teacher training in Africa leaving in Feb so I'm desperately trying to get all my medical stuff done now. What kind of camera do you have? Are you worried at all bringing expensive stuff with you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Elizabeth-
    Good luck on getting into Africa! I have a Nikon D-90, and I am not too concerned with bringing expensive stuff with me. I can only see it as being an issue if I flaunt it, which I don't even do now! Besides, that is what insurance is for :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to hear someone else saying that... my mom has expressed concerns about me bringing my dslr since it's pretty nice, but I can't imagine going all the way over there and not having my camera with me! Woo hoo to insurance, I say :)

    ReplyDelete