Upside is I received zero speeding tickets!
Cortez is not a fan of being cooped up for long periods of time, especially in the car. I let him out of his carrying case and he walks around what little available space there is in my packed to death car and decides that there are two good places to lay: my lap and behind my head. I had a pillow against my back, so he had a nice little place to rest. It didn’t really bother me either as I barely noticed him there and at least that way I didn’t have to worry about him sticking his head through the holes in the steering wheel as I drove…
Spaghetti, on the other hand, in a quite literally a scaredy cat. Not wanting her to feel punished or left out, I took the door off her carrying case so she could also roam about the car. She appeared very concerned about getting proper footing to move around so, instead, she just laid in her case and occasionally poked her head out. That was Thursday. Friday she said “Fuck it!” I helped her out of her case when she tried to leave at which point she decided to try and squeeze into tiny parts of the packed items on top of the front seat. Lucky for her, it worked out. Unlucky for her, Cortez is a dick and commondeered any place Spaghetti wanted to lay within 10 minutes of her laying down. Ultimately, she wound up on my lap…
In other news from the road trip:
I used fancy old school gas pumps in AZ! This town had tons of dinosaur statues, too…
I missed my exit and didn’t realize it until 40+ miles later. It worked out though. I got to drive through farm country (I saw cotton!) and I didn’t lose anytime, in fact, I think it was a slight short cut!
Here are some trees from TX 70?
I would have gotten out of the car to take a better photo (this was done from my parked car out the window), but it it taking me about 5 minutes to get in and out of my car on this little adventure… I like it though :)
Today the plan is to get my stuff to my grandmother's (AKA: Meme) house and go to Gainesville to talk to the ON store manager there at 2.




You are incredibly brave taking cats on a road trip lose in the car. I was planning on moving to CA about a year ago, and my cat in the car was the second biggest concern (right after "how am I going to afford to live in CA?") Good luck with everything and welcome to Florida :)
ReplyDeletehey lady, there is a PC thing at UF tomorrow night - you wanna go? I just friended you on FB (i hope it was you? haha) .. let me know!
ReplyDeleteMy cats also like to be in the car outside of their carrying cases! I'm always afraid they will escape into the engine from the passenger floor side, though.
ReplyDelete