Oh The Places You Will Go!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Student Loans

Thank goodness I never took out private loans.  All it is going to take is filling out 2 economic hardship deferments (one for Sallie Mae and one for Direct Loans) and sending my PC info from staging.  Another upside? Forbearance for both loans for the next two months, which is great since I will not be able to afford those payments.

Easy squeezy fo cheezy.

PS: Last day of work is February 19 and then I have a month until I leave for Ukraine!

3 comments:

  1. I just spoke with Sallie Mae and they said I wasn't qualified for the "economic hardship" deferment. Instead, they're sending me the forms for the "unemployment" deferment. Either way I guess it will work, but I just hope I don't run into problems later on.

    I haven't contacted Direct Loans yet (I'm still in forbearance). Were they pretty easy to get the necessary forms from? I went in circles with the lady from Sallie Mae...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is nuts that you can't get that deferment! For the Direct Loans, you just print the economic hardship form from the website.

    ReplyDelete