Now that the travelling journal project I am putting together has a name, it also has its very own corner of the web located at http://pcsnapshotsofservice.blogspot.com/
Getting this thing started up is a lot of work! I foresee more work on it in the horizon now that I have been easily convinced by my local PC recruiter at UF to expand it to 50 PCVs in 50 countries (yay 50th anniversary!). Thankfully, she has offered to help me find people willing to do it via her magic PC contact skills. My to do list for this in the near future includes: compiling an easy-to-copy-and-paste address book (in addition to my handwritten back up), finding someone willing to help with the second journal that will be going around, update Google map, finish tabs on Snapshots blog, and most importantly is to get the first journal ready to go! But it is a cool project and I think it is going to be worth it. It is leaving on Monday for Zambia with miss Jessica (who I also still need to dig out a Microsoft Office key for!).
I have really appreciated all of the great feedback and comments, so thanks everyone!
you are awesome. let me know if you need any help! i am so excited to be a part of this.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Emily! I am glad you are excited, I am also pretty stoked on this whole thing!
ReplyDeleteThanks for mentioning me Kim! I am super excited (and a bit nervous) to be the first one! And yes...please on top of all the other things you have to do...get me that Microsoft Office Key lol!!! You are awesome ;-)
ReplyDeleteWhat about Mia going to Madagascar? She leaves end of February I think.. Kylene in Thailand? If we get really strapped we could always look on PC journals at the countries we're missing and see who updates regularly :) I'm so excited about this and you're doing such an amazing job!
ReplyDeleteI haven't see her around, Liz. Can you find Mia and ask her about it?!
ReplyDeleteAnd my plan was to stalk PCJ so I can find people later this year for countries that are represented :) MIND READER!