Oh The Places You Will Go!

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Getting a head start

I may not have an invite (hell, I haven't even received my medical packet yet), but that doesn't mean I can't start getting rid of things in preparation of leaving!

First thing on my list: donate a massive amount of clothes to the women's shelter.  Working retail for over six years has led me to amass far too much clothing that I really don't need.  Part of the plan is anything that is currently in my closet and dresser goes straight into my donation pile, mostly because I know that only the clothes currently on my floor in my room (aka dirty laundry) are the ones I am prone to wearing.

Part two if this mission: start getting rid of the random crap that I convince myself I need, that I really don't. I know that if I get into the Peace Corps, I will be storing only a few things with my mom (which, lucky for me, I get to ship across the country): my massive DVD collection (~400!), books of substance (goodbye John Saul collection), and need-to-keep nostalgia items.  Knowing that I consider these things as need-have-upon-return-after-two-years items, it gives me a good idea of what I should start getting rid of or selling. Even if I am medically disqualified, at least my life will feel lighter and moving out of Las Vegas will be easier anyway :)

On another note-
I have a head ache and there are some dishes in desperate need of doing (thanks roomie for the pile up!).

No comments:

Post a Comment