I feel like I have been spoiled having grown up in a 24 hour town like Las Vegas. 3AM sushi is a possibility here, even off of the Las Vegas Strip. I am in for quite the culture shock if I get invited to serve in the Peace Corps:
No driving.
No long time friends.
No late nights out drinking.
No Spaghetti and Cortez (kitties!)
No 3AM restaurant meals.
No best bed ever created.
No easy phone calls to my mom.
No 24 hour conveniences.
Why is it I am so stoked to go? Perhaps I am a masochist of sorts, but at least I am one that is willing to do away with the comforts of home in favor of doing something good. Plus, I am down for "roughing" it, trying and experiencing new things, traveling somewhere new, and being immersed in a foreign language and culture while impacting the lives of even a few others.
\end randomness. Bed time!
No comments:
Post a Comment