Ah. So my first dentist visit in what seems to have been forever. It went surprisingly well despite the fact that I need 3 fillings and all of my wisdom teeth removed :/
I did learn some fun facts about my mouth:
-I apparently have Torus Mandibularis (I think that is what it is called). Basically it makes bitewing x-rays semi-painfun since it essentially means that I have extra bone growth along the bottom interior of my mouth (under my tounge, but near my teeth) for the bitewings to dig into. I am still suffereing from minor ouchies on this front. Stupid bite-wings.
-I still have a baby tooth! Perhaps that explains my dreams of losing all of my teeth. I have been wondering for YEARS why it seems loose. There is no replacement in there, either, so it better stay put since it is near the front of my mouth. I am not down with looking like a hillbilly.
-I am missing a tooth completely. I never got tooth #10! Maybe that is why I have a tooth living in the wrong place....
Thank goodness I didn't have to pay a thing for my exam. Now coming up with the $304 co-pay for my wisdom teeth extraction is another story. And I need to visit a second dentist for my fillings since the one I went to is an oral surgeon.
Doctors visit Part One of who-knows-how-many on Thursday.
I think I will keep a running tab of how much all of this medical will cost, maybe someone will find it useful :)
Hey, I like your blog, just came across it. Dentists visits are always painful :(
ReplyDeleteGees Kimberly...welcome to my world! I was told to get 4 crowns...who the heck has that kind of money these days? I had to settle for 2 crowns and 2 extractions...ouchie indeed. I am devastated but the fact that I had 2 perfectly good back teeth taken out...the root canals were quite new and could have lasted 20 years! I am a starving artist with no insurance...it's been a really rough ride for me financially.
ReplyDeleteI'm gonna watch your blog sister...I am scheduled to teach English in Europe as well...next March! We will probably be in staging together. I think I have narrowed our timelime down to 2 countries..Albania or Ukraine. I am hoping for Ukraine...I'd rather live in the cold than the heat.
Have you checked out Peace Corps Wiki yet? That's where I got my information.
Good Luck with your teeth.
Those are the two I am figuing on as well based on the same site! I am hoping for Ukraine so I can learn a Cyrillic language and hopefully pick up Russian AND Ukrainian, however I would probably prefer Albanian food and weather. I can do heat, it's the cold I am worried about! Good luck on everything!
ReplyDeleteHave you checked out the section on Wiki where it tells you what to pack for certain countries? It seems that in Albania we would be required to wear dresses year round. It didn't say anything about head coverings, though, for which I am grateful. Since they are largely a Muslim culture I wasn't sure if we would be required to wear something to cover our heads/faces.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your teeth Kimberley!!