Oh The Places You Will Go!

Friday, September 3, 2010

Consults are pretty bogus.

Instead of a consult, it should be called a "money kidnapping session."  If I call to make an appointment of a colposcopy, I expect to have the procedure done on the day I made the appointment for, not to be charged for a talking session.  Stupid doctor's office! 

At least I know that I will be needing $500 when I go and have it done (eep!).  And I get to have it done a week after my wisdom teeth removal.  Fun week for PC related excitement. 

Edit 9/20: Thank goodness! I received a phone call today letting me know my co-pay for the colposcopy is  only going to be $189.68!  Far better than $500.

1 comment:

  1. I think one of the more fun aspects of this process is the super small window of time between such random medical procedures. Only a PC nominee would say, "This week I've got to have teeth extracted, a pap smear, my polio booster, a bunion removed, and an HIV test...."

    ReplyDelete