"Kim,
I just nominated you to a post in Eastern Europe, teaching English leaving in March 2011. I hope you realize that that is leaving in 9 months. I am not worried because you have been such a great applicant. You have come from submission to nomination in less than three weeks. This is amazing, so I know you are organized and dedicated to doing this and making it happen."
That is a snippet of an e-mail I woke up to from my recruiter this morning, and lets just say "yay!"
Like I said in my previous post, teaching English in Eastern Eupore is exactly what I wanted. From the looks of the Peace Corps Wiki Timeline, that would mean either Ukraine or Albania, but things can always change. Ukraine would allow me to learn a Cyrillic language, which I think would be interesting to know, while Albania would probably have less harsh winters and (probably) tastier food. Both would be awesome, nonetheless.
I should probably get out of bed now and go pay rent and buy the necessary supplies for chicken noodle soup and macaroons.
Congrats on the invite! Are you a photographer? Awesome me too! Excited to start your medical?
ReplyDeleteI leave in March for Sub-Saharan Africa! Good luck with dental/medical!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the nom...I have the same nomintation and am thrilled to say the least...its all happening, nine more months!!
ReplyDeleteMy wife and I have also been nominated for Eastern Europe with a March departure date (and I would be teaching English). Perhaps we will meet over there !
ReplyDelete