After talking with some other Future PCVs, we decided it would be kind of awesome to compile a notebook between PCVs in different countries over the course of two years and have each person do their thing in the book twice during their service. What each person decides to put on their pages is up to them, the point is for it to be a snapshot of the volunteer's life at that point in time. Pictures, anecdotes, poems, drawings, whatever floats your boat! The notebook I have in mind is this one and it has 100 pages, so I was figuring each person would get 2 spreads of two open-faced pages each (I hope that makes sense!) over the course of two years. Since shipping between countries can take awhile, I'd like to limit the book to staying with each person for 2-3 weeks if possible!
Basically, I want 23 people going to 23 different countries (if possible) to volunteer for this project! Ultimately, it would be great for something like this to be out there via scanned copy for future volunteers or even an actual published version :) So if you are leaving for service in 2011 and have an invite already (or have already left) and want to be a part of this yet-to-be named project, then e-mail me at:
k i m b e r l e y r o s e p h o t o @ g m a i l . c o m (no spaces!) with your name, country, and departure date. As soon as you have a training or permanent address for service, you must let me know!
I will keep an index of all the addresses and send everyone the address that they will need to ship the journal to next.
If you have any other suggestions as to how to make this even better or smoother of an idea, please let me know!
**It may be a bit pricey, so keep this in mind! Luckily, you will only have to ship twice during your two years of service
:)
List of participants
You know I'm in.
ReplyDeleteof COURSE i'm in!!!! my address at training is on my blog, and i'll post the new one when i move to my site :D let me know if you need any other info - this is going to be epic!
ReplyDeletethis sounds so amazing! i wish i had an invite so i can join the fun. i would love to see the outcome.
ReplyDeleteI'd love to! I'm supposed to leave in March 2011, but I don't know where yet. So as soon as I know, I'd love to be part of this.
ReplyDeleteThis is such a great idea! I would love to be a part of it!
ReplyDeleteI would definitely love to be a part! great idea. I am leaving for kazakhstan in march. my address will be on my blog as soon as i get it!
ReplyDeleteI love the excitement!
ReplyDeleteYEAY I CAN'T WAIT!!
ReplyDeleteThis is a brilliant idea! I'll be serving in China starting in late June, and will post my site address to you as soon as I get it!
ReplyDeleteHi Kimberly, Great idea! I'd love to join in on the fun! Botswana, April 1, 2011... no address yet.
ReplyDeleteHi Kimberly...I created "The Cultural Book Exchange" 2 years ago with artist friends who live in Romania. Here's how we work it...I make a handmade book and do a few pages of artwork and send it to the next artist on the list. They in turn do a few pages and pass it on to the next person. This may be the best way to work your exchange. Make up a graph of the folks who are doing it with the order in which they will pass it along.
ReplyDeleteWe actually all make books and pass them on...we have really grown and there are now 7 of us from 4 countries. At the end, we all end up with a book to keep...and we also have exhibitions with them in our perspective countries.
Can you use another participant? I would love to join. Can you use another volunteer from Ukraine?
Jo